Our Site: International Herbs Medical Marijuana Ltd
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Master Grower will be responsible for the oversight and crop management for up to 35 rooms of plants during the cloning, vegetation and flowering stages through to harvest. Responsibilities will include the effective management of a team, planning projects, scheduling work, completing tasks within specified timelines and on budget. Other responsibilities will include the research and analysis of horticulture problems, providing advanced technical support and overall management of Horticulture.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for the long-term planning including the Horticulture budget, as well as daily oversight of Company’s unique growing program, creating and communicating updates and plans
• Working with and leading the Manufacturing Supervisors to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Horticulture team
• Leading weekly meetings with the Horticulture staff and articulating departmental priorities on a daily/weekly basis; ensuring work plans are designed and executed in conjunction with priorities
• Developing and implementing production plans and creating standard operating procedures in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team
• Responsible for overall crop management, including overseeing the climate and irrigation computerized control systems and, pest and disease control
• Fertility management; responsible for soil, water and leaf analysis to determine fertilization requirements for maximum production and adjusting fertilizer programs as applicable
• Management of the Horticulture team; staffing, recruiting, hiring, and training to build out the department and ensure that all personnel receive ongoing instruction and evaluation, while continually expanding their diverse skill sets
• Providing the Horticulture team with guidance, supervision, training and coaching on best practices in plant care techniques
• Working with Human Resources on coordinating Horticulture Apprenticeship opportunities with post-secondary institutes
• Participating in research and development projects related to growing and equipment
• Participating in a range of activities beyond the typical work day, including travel, events and programs, and cultivation activities as needed and as approved by your direct report
• Working with Processing and Quality Assurance/Quality Control to coordinate and complete appropriate harvest cycles
• Participating in professional development which meets or exceeds the requirement to maintain any applicable professional
• Ensure regulatory requirements are met for premises and equipment used for cultivation, harvest, preparation, packaging, storage, infusion and sale of marijuana are maintained in clean and sanitary conditions.
• Assist Health Canada auditors with inventory, sales and compliance audits
– Previous/current Health Canada Security Clearance an asset
4 total views, 1 today